Tivo Series 3 HD questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 3 HD questions

Original Series 3 HD Tivo with 2 cablecards, Tivo external drive, cisco SDV box. Worked great since purchased (right after they first came out).

Lately has been getting random pixelation effects, sometimes stopping recording, sometimes dropping audio while video slows, occasional reboot on playback, occasional sluggish controls when switching between screens. Classic hard drive problems, right?

Tivo tech support not much use. Had me reboot w/o cablecards and reseat. Had me run kickstart 54. All OK, but I understand it's a light check.

Does kickstart 57 and/or 58 do anything useful? From reading other threads, sounds like a failing disk doesn't unfail.

I'm looking at getting a new 1TB internal drive and ditching the external. Have lifetime on the box and want to keep it.

Two questions:

1. If I do the "Deluxe Upgrade Service", can my programming be copied to a new 1TB drive from the combined internal 250+external 500? I don't intend to use the external drive after upgrading.

2. If I do the upgrade myself or pay you to do it, do I have to do anything to keep the cablecards working? Getting them configured in the first place required a service call from TWC.

I'm guessing the answers are "no" and "you need to call the cable company" but I was hoping otherwise. It makes a difference what I order.

Thanks.

These are most likely hard drive problems - we agree.

1 - No. Best we can do is to divorce the external, and copy over what's left on the internal, which will include your settings.

2 - If you have us do it with a copy, no problem. The CableCARD settings copy over. If you do it yourself, you might have to call the cable company to have them re-authorize the CableCARDs.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks

Pretty much what I thought, but good to know for sure. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
      X