Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing problems with Phillips DSR 7000

Hello:

I have had ongoing problems with my TIVO either freezing-up or rebooting itself. It only seems to happen on the #2 channel input. There has also been issues where the picture will become pixilated and unviewable for periods. So far the steps I have taken have been to stop using the s-video cable and just use a regular RF cable. I have also changed to a new larger hard drive that I purchased from Weaknees. This was a week ago and it seemed to correct the problems for a day or two. While not as often I have still had a few instances of the machine either freezing up or re-booting while recording. Any other suggestions for trouble shooting? It's an older unit that has been in use since 2001 so it may well be that the unit is just going bad. If that's the case do you sell these units? What are the costs? Can I buy a unit without a hard drive and put the new one I purchased in it?

Thanks for your help.

A follow up. It also seems that this is happening when the folder holding deleted recordings gets many deleted programs in it. Could that be an issue?

Comment

Sounds like you might have a bad tuner, but this might help your diagnosis:

Hard drive and tuner problems on DIRECTV TiVos

Comment

Working...
      X