X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 3 Audio Issue

First of all i would like to say hello my name is Erica
    and thanks for your help.

Now I have a tivo series 3 connect to my lcd tv via hdmi and it makes a chirp
    sound through the audio almost like a high pitch static almost like when the picture pix elates but just the sound not the picture .

I have a separate tivo 3 that i hooked up to isolate the problem and it works fine

I have tried
    different hdmi cable
    Dolby to pcm
    restarting
    unplugging
    lcd tv audio settings etc

i would assume it is a hardware issue but where to I start
    has any one had this problem of course I am out of warranty any help appreciated thanks .

Is the noise coming from your speakers or from inside the TiVo?

Comment

let me began by apologizing for the double post

and it is coming from the tv like a static click as if it were about to pix-elate
      the signal strength is 95

could it be a hard drive issue thanks
      Last edited by 1godking; 01-29-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

It sure doesn't sound like a hard drive issue, but you can test your hard drive using the kickstart 54 test described here:

TiVo Kickstart Test

Comment

ok will try so if not the hard drive what do you think it could be

have checked all connections just haven't opened it up yet to check board
          does anyone have a motherboard diagram so i can locate the audio

edit ok i have opened up my tivo and have checked the connection point from the coax cable in to the module opposite

there are 2 composite cables when I swap the composite cable from the antenna with the one from the cable the noise stop briefly and was less frequent .
          in examine the cable composite cable I notice it had a distinct burned smell nothing visual other than some electrolysis residue which I have removed .
          it is possible one of these modules board is going bad ?

question do you guys carry these composite jumpers or modules see photo thanks

Last edited by 1godking; 01-30-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

We don't carry the modules, but a regular, short RCA cable should do the trick there.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks tried the regular rca but picture would pixel so I am using a set of hd composite cables still have the problem not as much I think the module is on it way out

if i have the time might remove one and give it a go see or just pay the 149.00
              to tivo for quick swap

Comment

Just curious - what brand LCD is it? I have the same problem - I assumed it was my HDMI cables since the tv didn't make that noise before. I use cheap HDMIs from Monoprice.....

My LCD is an insignia.

Comment

Working...
                X