X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which part to repair? HDMI port dead.

Hi there,

I have a TiVo HD TCD652160.

It powers on fine, it responds to my remote control, it's recording and playing back shows just fine... no stuttering or pixellation that I have noticed.

However, as of this morning, the HDMI port on this TiVo no longer works.

I have a working HDMI cable going from the TiVo to my television, but I just get a black screen on my television with the message "unsupported video signal". No audio, either. I tried running the same HDMI cable from my DVD player to the same HDMI port on my television, and that configuration works just fine... audio & video. So it's not the HDMI cable itself.

Then, I plugged in component video and audio cables into my TiVo and ran those to my TV, and everything started working again. I got full audio and video for my TiVo again via component cables.

So it's something wrong with the actual HDMI port on the TiVo. The HDMI port must have died. (Which is kinda upsetting, since I just bought this TiVo about a year-and-a-half ago.)

Does anybody know which part has failed inside my TiVo, so I can purchase a replacement part from WeaKnees?

Thanks!
    Scott
    Last edited by scotty321; 02-21-2010, 10:36 AM.

Sorry to say, that's not something we can repair.

You'd have to contact TiVo about getting that repaired.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Oh damn, that sucks.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X