TiVo Remote Won't Control TiVo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Remote Won't Control TiVo

I have a TiVo Series 2, hooked up to a Verizion Fios Set-Top Box by using a IR Blaster. Everything worked fine for about a week, including the TiVo remote. One day, the remote stopped working to control the TiVo, however it still controls volume on the TV, power on the TV, and will change the TV inputs. I have looked over various help forums, and tried resetting the TiVo, resetting the Tivo Remote (by blocking the Remote I.R. while holding the Tivo button and Pause button, and then hitting zero when the red light stays on), also bought a replacement TiVo remote which doesn't work either. Alot of sites say that there must be I.R. interference somewhere in the room, but I have even removed all of the remotes from the room, and nothing seems to work. I'm thinking it has to be something with the I.R. Blasters, but can't figure out how to fix this problem. I have also tried removing the I.R. Blasterwhich didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The IR blaster has nothing to do with controlling the TiVo. That's for controlling the set top box - the FiOS box in your situation.

Do you see lights flicker on the unit? You could have a bad IR sensor in your faceplate. If you want to try a replacement, we have them here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-faceplate.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X