Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elderly Mom wants Tivo back-will this setup work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderly Mom wants Tivo back-will this setup work?

My mother is in the middle of a special deal from ATT, some kind of low-price thing where she gets DSL, Direct tv and phone for a low combined price.
    Some confusion with what she has now caused the installation to be rescheduled. In the meantime, she has no TV OR phone!
    Could tell me if the following setup will work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Her setup now is suddenlink cable, and a standard Tivo recorder. There is also a cable box, but that shouldn't apply.

From the info I have gathered(some of it a couple of years old), here is the setup she is going to need:

She can go ahead and get the standard setup. In order to make her Tivo functional, she will need a Tivo decoder box because the Tivo recorder cannot read satellite signals.

If she want to add another line later, she can go ahead an order a dual LNB dish from Direct and later get a series 2 Tivo recorder to hook to it. This will allow her to watch one show while recording another.

Will this setup work? Like I said, some of the info I have is a couple years old, and may not be accurate.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Coldcash57
    Last edited by coldcash57; 03-21-2010, 09:08 AM. Reason: Incomplete message

I think you're really complicating things. If she ends up with standard DIRECTV service and can activate any DIRECTV receiver she gets, then just get a standard def DIRECTV TiVo and a new access card:

DIRECTV TiVo

Comment

Working...
    X