My Humax DRT800 is Slow! need repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Humax DRT800 is Slow! need repair?

Even when I first bought the Humax DRT-800 I noticed it was somewhat slower compared to my original Phillips 14 hour TiVo. But over time, it has become quite sluggish in its responses to my remote button-pressing.

I can press the TiVo button, hear the bong relatively quickly, but it can take 5-10 seconds before I ever see the TiVo menu.

I thought I remembered reading that this kind of thing could be caused by a hard drive about to "go", but couldn't find it again in recent searches.

Anyway, here's my question for the WeaKnees folks: I've been wanting to upgrade my TiVo capacity for a while now. I assume that if it's a hard drive issue, swapping in a new one will speed things up. I plan on sending it in since I want to keep all my programming and setup (and don't really want to do all that work - did it myself with my original TiVo and it was a bit beyond the limit of my know-how).

So my question is, can I have have you guys do a "conditional" flat rate repair on it if it's still sluggish after the hard drive swap out? I certainly don't want to pay for it if things are automatically "fixed" by the drive swap out.

Is that something you'll consider? Posted this in the forums since I figure this might help others with a similar question.

Sorry to say, no, we can't really do a conditional repair like that.

A big part of the way we keep our prices very low on the flat-fee repairs is that we don't have to have the box sitting on our work bench for several days pending interaction with the customer. The guys just open, test, fix, test, and ship.

So to change the process in this situation just isn't something we can do. Sorry.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X