Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

partial recordings - bad drive or bad tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partial recordings - bad drive or bad tuner?

The last week or so I've been having partial recordings on my HDTivo. There is nothing else being recorded to make it stop.

I'm recording over the air (I don't have cable) and often programs go about 40 minutes into an hour before stopping. I also have a tivo extender plugged in.

I've been playing around tonight, and I notice that it often seems as I switch channels I get a black screen like the tuner can't find the channel. Switching up and down usually gets the channel to show up right.

Navigating to Now Playing seems to sometimes freeze for a bit before it displays.

Signal strength is pretty strong consistently.

Could this be a tuner going bad? Or a drive?

I started recording Jay Leno tonight at 11:35pm and it went about 15 minutes in and then seemed to stop. It still showed as recording, but if I went to play it it didn't go past 11:50pm. Going live on that tuner gave me an empty screen. Stopping recording, then going up and down a channel brought back the program.

I just got the $99 deal on lifetime service too. Figures it starts dying now.

Partial Recordings also

I have been having similar problems for the last month or so, ever since I got an update. My shows are recorded but they are only partials of 2 to 3 mins. If I am recording and switch to the channel live it says "looking for cable signal" and I get nothing. On just about everything it records lately has all been partials. So I wonder if we got a bad update? or something is failing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Rod

Series 3 HD (TWC)

Comment

I'd suggest you start by running a drive test. Kickstart 54. See:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php

Comment

Partial Recording update

Last night I called Tivo Support and after about 30 mins on the phone we discovered that one of my tuners was not working correctly, The tech guy said that this is a known issue and that they are working on it, in about two weeks an update would be released that will fix this problem, gave me a month free until update comes out. . Hope this is a real fix. thanks for everyones help. Rod

Comment

Really? I'd be a little surprised if that's a software issue, and it's not something I've seen, but if you can wait it out, I guess there's some possibility.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Partial Recordings

Well I sure hope so, but I did tell him that in a months time if this wasn't fixed I would be jumping ship, that's when he offered a free month. So we will see. thanks all. Rod

Comment

Working...
            X