Tivo Series 2 GSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 2 GSOD

My Tivo TCD540040 original drive has bit the dust. The unit is stuck in the Welcome... Almost There... GSOD loop. I read your troubleshooting info and came to the conclusion that the drive is dead. I tested it with SeaTools and it had over 40 errors and it was unable to fix them.
    I purchased a drive bracket from weaKnees a couple of years ago and added a 320 Gb and set it up as the secondary drive. So, as part of that upgrade, I believe I have the backup of the drive settings from MFS Tools 2.

My question is: How can I configure the 320 Gb drive to be the new master? Can the recordings be salvaged? The Season passes, etc...?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Steve

You should be able to restore your backup to the 320. Just set it as master and give it a shot. Recordings are pretty much lost here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

What if....

I add a new drive to be the master and keep the 320 Gb as a slave. Will I still lose my recordings from the 320 Gb? Or is there a way to connect the 320 Gb to a Linux machine and get the video files off and restore them later with Tivo-to-Go?

Comment

There is no way to get recordings off the drive at all. The TiVo sees the two drives as one big drive and if your factory drive goes, so goes all of the content.

Comment

Working...
        X