Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer DVR-810h stuck at welcome with SATA adapter

Good Morning All

I am the proud owner of 2 Pioneer DVR-810h.

Although both had upgraded hard disks I need to upgrade both. I do not have the original drives. One was purchased upgraded and the other the original drive was dead.

So I purchased 2 Western Digital SATA 1gig drives from the company I usually by my hard drives from. Then I went and purchased 2 Weakness IDE to SATA adapters.

Because my 320gig drive was done with Instant Cake and I read on mfslive forum that WinMFS can't do an Instant Cake Tivo HD I downloaded v1.3 of mfs instead. I filled out the online form and type the command exactly as I was told. A few hours later I got a positive result.

I took the new 1TB drive and put it in the TIVO and hooked it up and powered it up.

I went about doing other things while the TIVO powered up and came back and the unit never got beyond the grey Welcome screen.

I checked all of my connections and they are solid.

Thinking that something was wrong with the 320gig and I copied over a bad image I reinstalled the old drive and everything boots fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We don't really support InstantCake here, but there was a known issue with many WD Terabyte drives that have firmware incompatible with TiVos. My guess is, that's the issue.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

RE: Pioneer DVR-810h stuck at welcome with SATA adapter Reply to Thread

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      We don't really support InstantCake here, but there was a known issue with many WD Terabyte drives that have firmware incompatible with TiVos. My guess is, that's the issue.
      Thank you I will try a different HD and see if that solves the issue

Comment

Working...
      X