Charter cablecard and tivo premiere problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter cablecard and tivo premiere problems

just got my tivo premierethursday and had charter cable come out and install cable card for hd.after 2 hours,no luck.tech calls another tech to come over,he does,calls cable provider,no luck.both shrug shoulders and say maybe it will take 24 hrs.?? call charter and schedule another tech to come sunday,he shows up,checks cable signal,installs another card,spends about an hour trying to figure it out.no luck,he says maybe it will take 24 hrs. to work?call charter service sunday nite,resent signal,restarted tivo countless times,guided set up and all,no luck.phone person says,maybe it will work monday? monday,i say?does it have weekends off?wtf?anyway,monday am is here and still no cable.i only have lower analog type channels.having owned tivo boxes for about six years, i am pretty familiar with them.this issue is driving me crazy,i did call tivo support saturday,and sounds like problem is with the card activation.charter says they are not sure,but they said they hit it with a signal to activate several times.no luck.any responses or help would be greatly appreciated.

Have they tried to lower the signal level?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

well,not sure.all i know is signal strength for the cable is within specs.we eliminated all splitters, and signal strength stayed within specs.

Comment

TiVos are known to have issues with signals that are strong, but within the cable company's limits. I'd see if they can bring them down a bit.

Comment

four days later still no cable,is it possible that too many hits will ruin cable card?all info is paired correct,no hd or digital encoded channles.any response would be great.

Comment

Nope - never seen that.

Did you ask them to check your signal strength, as mentioned in my previous response?

Comment

yes,said it was no more than a neg 2.5?they like it to be between 1.0 and neg 3.5?just not sure,as they kinda mumbled it.

Comment

I'd call TiVo and ask for help. They understand the cable company issues best.

Comment

well,talked to tivo,again,and issue must have to do with charter.had tech guy come out again-(4th time) twice same guy,and he ran new outside cable,checked all connections in house,again,re-checked signals,again,went over the pairing info again,re-started tivo again,and again and again.charter claims they have no clue.they say maybe it wont work,so they said we will give you an hd box,then you can tap that into tivo,and then you will have hd.well,their hd box only has an hdmi out,no rf cable out.will not work.wife calls tivo,and they verify,12 people in my area have tivo premier with charter.wife calls charter,now gets corporate,tells them all our problems,and says we will switch to direct tv.now,they say they will have someone in-house from charter come and supossedly fix.will let know what happens.what a nightmare!

Comment

well,after almost 2 wks of phone calls,countless techs, i dont know how many supposedly bad m-cards,tivo,charter corporate and all,one guy came,called charter and said,"look im calling tivo and im talking to you at same time,lets get this figured out"and 1 hr later wa-la.charter did not seem to pair right,i guess!thanks to all

Comment

Working...
                    X