checking for bad drive in SD-DVR120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking for bad drive in SD-DVR120

I have a DirecTivo SD-DVR120 that I put a WK expansion kit (160 GB) in when it was new in 2003. After 5 years of use, it sat for two years. We just got it out and got a new access card for it. Everything was fine before and after activating the card, then after sitting overnight, the image was frozen on a picture and the unit would not respond to the remote or the front panel buttons.

After pulling power and trying to reboot, it now is stuck on "Powering up...". It has video and some of the panel lights are on.

Looks like the drive failed after being on overnight.

I have another DirecTiVo HDVR-2 with 32 hours capacity that will power up, but the card is not active. Since my good access card is keyed to the motherboard in my dead unit, would the drive from the HDVR-2 work in the SD-DVR120 to check out the rest of the unit before ordering a replacement drive?

Thanks!

Yes - those two units have compatible drives. So you can move the drive, and then do a "clear and delete everything" and you should be OK.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks Michael. I tried it and the DVR120 powered up fine, but with a hardware "error 51" which is probably because I didn't erase and reassign the drive to the DVR120. At least I know the DVR120 unit is OK and just needs a new larger replacement drive.

Comment

Yup - that's the error you get until you do the clear and delete.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X