DSR704 motherboard replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSR704 motherboard replacement

I have an old Series 2 DSR704 that's barely hanging in there. The phone jack has been lightening zapped and one of the tuners periodically drops frames and audio and becomes badly pixelated before recovering. I've isolated the problem to the tuner so the only repair option is to replace the motherboard.

I have another DSR708 that I've been scavenging for parts. Are the motherboards interchangeable? Can I swap the 704 board with the 708? Are there any potential gotchas with replacing a Series 2 motherboard.

Thanks.

Sure - the motherboards are interchangeable, but the drives and cards, then, aren't. These parts are all serialized, so you can't really mix and match at that level.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks. So just to clarify - if I simply swap out the motherboard and leave everything else alone, will it work? Or is the motherboard serialized with the other components?

Comment

The motherboard is serialized to the drive (you can reset it with a "clear and delete everything"), the card (no way to change that), and the DirecTV account.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X