Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing and rebooting, Series 2

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
    It's possible that you need a new drive, you can test by following the kickstart 54 procedures here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php

However, there is a known issue at the moment with TiVos rebooting. We don't expect the problem to last long, but you might want to give it a few days to see if it gets resolved on its own.
    The above is a reply in a current thread, this forum. What progress is being made on this known problem?

I have a Series 2 Tivo unit, Model T2500, Which has started displaying two problems. It very frequently freezes, and when the freeze lasts more than about five seconds it reboots. A couple days ago it rebooted three times while I was watching a one hour recorded show. It briefly froze many times between reboots.

We replaced the hard drive a year ago with one bought from Weakees. I would certainly expect a hard drive to last more than one year. The original hard drive lasted somewhat less than a year.

These symptoms are displayed whether I'm watching a recorded show or live TV. This isn't too surprising since the TV signal is run through the Tivo unit, and must be temporarily put on the hard drive so that the viewer can pause the show and interrupt watching.

Is there a fix for these problems?
Working...
X