Phillips d708 every other day rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips d708 every other day rebooting

Dvr reboots about once every other day. Weeknees installed new power supply on 10/21/10. Hard drive was checked out ok. I would think it was a power fluctuation, but never had one in 5 years before the unit failed. Next step is what? Thanks

See:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=458245

This is a known problem that we hope to see resolved soon.

Comment

Directv DVR reboots, can't acquire info

Several other users have reported similar behavior. I have noticed in the last month? or two that frequently when I try to Pick Programs to Record, by title or time or channel, the tivo reboots. It gets to about 98% complete, then says it can't get the satellite info and that I should check my satellite. I try rebooting again, and sometimes it fixes the problem. I can still see Live TV and view recorded programs, but . . . I know it's not the satellite setup, because the TV downstairs is on the same satellite, and has no problem getting directv signals. I also notice that the tivo is failing to record programs, saying that it couldn't get a signal. I have no problems with my picture (pixellation, etc.).

Comment

You might try a "clear and delete guide data." That seems to be helping some people.

Also, steer clear of reading the TiVo Messages. That appears to be a reboot point.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X