Color washout problems (Series2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color washout problems (Series2)

OK... I've searched the posts and didn't find an exact match to my problem so I thought I'd give this a try.

I have a Series2 TiVo and recently the color started appearing washed out, and near total black and white at times. I see the usual response to this is "Have you checked the cables?" and yes, here is what I've done and what I *think* the problem is...

- Direct cable to TV is good so the TV is good.
    - TiVo menus display fine so video out is good, cable to TV good, TV is good
    - Color on older recordings, before problem started, are fine so all cables are good and video out good again.
    - Live TV and new recordings are faded out or nearly all black and white

This leads me to believe the problem is in the TV Tuner card (card or chip?)

Later in the evening, the color came back which makes me think it's a temperature issues on the TV Tuner card or chip and will eventually need replacing (or re-soldering perhaps).

My question is... does this diagnosis sound correct? Does it use a card or chip for the TV Tuner? Any help identifying where the chip is (if it's a chip) so that I can do the pencil eraser test on the solder connections would be great. Obviously I haven't cracked open the case yet - paranoia I guess.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Yes - it's likely a chip, and we can fix it under this program:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff

We really can't help diagnosing which chip without having the unit here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X