Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone successfully kickstarted a Humax DTR-800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone successfully kickstarted a Humax DTR-800?

I have a fully functional DRT-800 and wanted to do a checkdisk on the hard drive. It is noisy and I haven't done this in years. Was also investigating upgrading my software version (kickstart 51).

Anyway, after a dozen attempts to do a kickstart (54, 57, 58) I'm under the impression that DTR-800 is ignore the remote control.

The behavior during reboot with remote is the exact same as without (flickering and etc in step 5 below). Would just assume it was me but I noticed others with similar issues when googling.

I am referencing the kickstart ref page for Tivos with DVD from weaKnees.

Method I tried many times:

1) Reboot, get 3 feet from Tivo
    2) Push the pause (big yellow button) - holding it down, red light on remote control light on
    3) Wait normally 1 min until I first see the 2 yellow lights go off and right red goes on (1-3 secs after the first yellow goes out)
    4) release pause and enter "5" then "4"
    5) Screen flickers, signal loss for second, more flickering, then reboots into the video that has quickly lost its entertainment value
    6) Press a button to stop the video - normal Tivo screen comes up.

Has anyone successfully kickstarted a Humax DTR-800? I assume there is a timing issue or something. Any insight would be appreciated!

Dennis

We've certainly done it here - not sure why it seems tougher in certain situations, but it really does work.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The kickstart instructions for the DRT800 aren't very clear. Here's how I got my Humax into diagnostic mode:

1) Unplug unit, wait 30 secs and replug, both LEDS come on at startup.
      2) Press Pause button immediately and hold.
      3) LEDs go off, Right one comes on RED, keep holding Pause.
      4) RED light goes off, both LEDs come on again.
      5) Release Pause button and enter the kickstart code you want.

Comment

I'm sorry, I haven't had your problem, so I can't help, but I see you do have the same model I do, so could you tell me where you find the disks to play in your DRT-800 because the stores don't carry the 1-2X speeds any more and the SONY 1-2X disks I got from Amazon won't work. When I put them in, the read-out says "No Disc Inserted". I'm running out of disks! Thanks..

Comment

We can use 8x discs around here these days - just be sure they are -R.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X