• Show
Clear All

• lots of missing channels on series3HD CableCARDs

Time Warner cable, Thousand Oaks, CA
    My digital tuners include:
    - TiVo series 3 HD with 2 single-stream CableCARDs
    - Time Warner DVR - a Motorola DCX3400

After working fine for years, I noticed some channels missing:
    HBOHDP and HBOP were fine, but none of the other HBOs worked.
    Golf channel was fine, but Tennis channel was not.
    Signal strength was 90-100 on all working channels.

Since this was true on both the DVR and the TiVo (both cards), I asked TimeWarner to reset the box. They did. After cycling power and being patient, my channels are now working again.....on the Motorola DVR only! The TiVo with the CableCARDs did not improve. I asked them to try again, and no luck.

Is there anything else I can try, short of scheduling an appointment and asking them replace my CableCARDS? Why won't my CableCARDs accept the same reprogramming signal that the Motorola DVR did?

So did the problem initially occur on both DVRs?

Does the TW DVR have a newer multistream card, maybe with SDV?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The problem was first noticed on TiVo. I think the problem started with a few channels gone, then changed to lots of channels gone. When I first noticed a single channel gone, i suspected signal strength, but when I got around to diagnosing it, I knew that couldn't be it.

The DCX3400 box is SDV-capable (per its specs), and has an M-Card, but I don't know if the card is SDV. I think I've had it for about one year, and I'm sure it supports VOD (which I never use).

Should I try the trick where you redo guided-setup without CableCARDS plugged in, then with them plugged in?

Comment

I don't think repeating setup without the cards is going to help you. This sounds like an issue with the cards themselves and/or TW's programming of the cards.

Comment

Working...
        X