SD-h400 jumpy/flickering/scrolling video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD-h400 jumpy/flickering/scrolling video

I haven't been able to find any forum posts about a weird problem I'm having with my Tivo. I have a Toshiba SD-H400 Tivo (with a DVD player) that I've had for years. In the last year or so the screen would occasionally flicker when a lot of white or bright content was present on screen. For the most part it hasn't been too much of a problem, as it mostly only happened with commercials. But the problem has been getting worse and will now happen when much less bright content appears and is happening quite a bit now.

The screen will scroll up almost as if it loses the synch signal. I've also noticed that the video colors/saturation are not right. Almost as if the video signal itself is either too strong or too weak to properly drive the tv.

My Tivo is connected directly to cable coax input and is fed via coax through a vcr to the tv. I've also tried connecting straight to the tv and have tried the composite video connection as well as tried connecting to a different tv. All had the same problem. So it seems like the video output signal from the Tivo is not right.

Could it be a bad power supply? Or maybe the video output section on the motherboard is shot. Any suggestions for fixing this would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks!

That could be a bad internal power supply, but more likely, it's a motherboard issue.

We can fix both problems, but since parts for these units are in very, very short supply, the repair is fairly expensive:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X