Toshibia SDH 400 hook up issue with CM7000 converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshibia SDH 400 hook up issue with CM7000 converter

I"ll try to keep this short and see if my issue is a set up - software issue or a real hardware issue that needs to be sent in for repair. Perhaps someone may have a tip here that I can try

I have a SDH 400 which I have been using for years, I even upgraded the Hard Drive to a larger capacity and love it. My issue is that recently my Channel Master 7000 hook up is giving me a fit. My Channel master is outputing signal both Svhs and Composite which I have verified in a stand alone application. so, I know it's not the CM7000

First, I had the unit set up with a Svhs cable and that worked fine until the first power outage :-) So, I could not get the unit to see the Box and I figured I'd pull the Svhs and just put in the composite cable .. got it up and running fine and have had it in use for months.. last week we had some power outages again in our area and that is when all this started again. I checked all the cables, went through set up and when it gets to the point where it shows hook up with the Red, White and Yellow cable I click ok... it goes to the next screen searching for signal and I get nothing .. I've rebooted and run through the set up several times and still nothing..

Anyone else having an input problem with the SDH 400? I"d love to get it fixed and use if for a couple more years and I don't mind sending it in for repair but that's $150.00 plus shipping.. so close to $200 If I could just fix it with some set help I"d be very thankful.

Any suggestions.. I am wondering if for some reason the power outage could have caused a spike through the CM7000

All the other functions work great, I can see all the previous shows I have recorded and the DVD player works fine, it's just not seeing the converter box in the set up...

Thanks in advance for any help you could offer..
Working...
X