Rs-tx20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs-tx20

I have one of these units and packed it away, after a brief power loss, then couldn't reboot. I called Toshiba, about 3 weeks after extended warranty ran out and they wanted the $139.00 to fix. I don't think they do it all now. Anyway, I spent a pretty fair chuck of change for this unit and am now wondering if I coud get some advice as to repair. It had a dvd in it when it went down, so, I tokk off the faceplate, pushed the eject button and it spit the disc out. The lites stay lit, the fan runs, and the heatsinks get warm. Have tried mutiple restarts with everything connected, then not, etc. It will give me the powering up screen but, after a minute, goes to blue/gray screen. It has some symptoms of power supply and hard drive problems but I sure can't tell. In you alls vast knowledge, what do you think my chances are of recovery if I just get the upgrade and are they still avaiable? Further, if I upgarde and the power supply is bad, will it hurt the new drive?

Hard to know - that could be a bad power supply or a bad drive, or both - best bet would be our flat fee repair:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm inclined to go with the power supply first only because the drive won't spin. I am going to check the voltage just for kicks. It acts like it wants to power up but can't but, I have moved since original setup, etc.
      Thanks for the input, I may send it to you guys but I'm still trying to figure it out for myself. Will replacing one of the two units without the other damage new devices?

Comment

Another question is, might it be worth testing the drive on my PC? Do you need additional power cords, etc. to test? If I was to try and update, does it erase all info and put back to original?

Comment

Originally posted by junkydave View Post
          I'm inclined to go with the power supply first only because the drive won't spin. I am going to check the voltage just for kicks. It acts like it wants to power up but can't but, I have moved since original setup, etc.
          Thanks for the input, I may send it to you guys but I'm still trying to figure it out for myself. Will replacing one of the two units without the other damage new devices?
          It's possible, and it has happened, but it's very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by junkydave View Post
            Another question is, might it be worth testing the drive on my PC? Do you need additional power cords, etc. to test? If I was to try and update, does it erase all info and put back to original?
            That can be dangerous - Windows overwrites important partitions.

Comment

Working...
            X