Transferring programs to Premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring programs to Premiere

Had a TiVo for two or three years, HD is failing (randomly freezes and reboots), so I decided to buy a Premiere. One of the selling points I read was the ability to transfer the programs from the old TiVo to the new TiVo. I go through the process of setting up, connecting, cable guy install the m-card, it’s working.

So I go to transfer the programs….and most of them have that red circle. I counted, 69.3% of them won’t transfer. Oh, forgot to mention I have the 500 G external drive, so I can’t just take that and move to the premiere, it’ll just think it’s a new drive an reformat. Nice feature.

I go through the whole Texas-two-step, TiVo says it’s the provider, the provider says it’s the broadcast programming, tough luck pal. I work in IT, if a HD is failing I can still transfer the files to a new drive even if they’re locked down tight, I’m only going from box to box. Even if I were to buy a transfer cable I’d be ok with that.

Any ideas?

Nope - if the cable company locked them down, that's it, they can't be moved. Sorry.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X