Upgrade kit does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade kit does not work

Hello everyone. I have also sent an email to WeaKnees about this problem, but since it is the weekend, I figured I may receive a quicker response here from the masses.

I purchased a fan and a hard drive upgrade for my Tivo HD Series 3 (Model TCD648250B). Installed the fan and it works perfectly. Installed the Hard Drive, and the Tivo is locked on the startup screen "Almost There A Few Minutes More". I checked all of the connections and they are secure. I tried to reboot, and the same thing happens. I try unplugging the phone cord and rebooting, and the same thing happens.

I removed the upgraded hard drive from WeaKnees and reinstalled the old, original hard drive that came with the Tivo and it boots up fine.

What should my next step be? I don't believe its a power supply issue or the motherboard, otherwise the original drive would not work. All I can think is that the Tivo OS is not installed properly on the new hard drive.

I know WeaKnees will help solve the problem as I am very impressed with this site, but I am just a little anxious to get this resolved now. I don't want to be down for a long period of time. I've already been down for the week since the internal fan had bit the dust and locked up, so I kept it unplugged when I knew there wouldn't be a recording.

We responded to an email that seemed to be yours pretty soon after you sent it. If you did not get it, let us know.

Comment

Yep, that was me. Very impressed how quickly you guys got back to me considering the chat operator was listed as offline (and its the weekend, how many companies can you say that about?). Thanks for a fair solution. Stinks I've gotta wait, but at least in the meantime I have a working Tivo.

Comment

Working...
      X