Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(TiVo Premiere XL) Cannot see cable channels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (TiVo Premiere XL) Cannot see cable channels!

Hi, all. This is a weird problem...

A week ago today, as my wife and I were watching Comedy Central through our Premiere XL, suddenly the signal cut, and we got the V58 message. ("This channel is not authorized. Contact your cable provider for more information (V58).")

And it turns out that all of our cable channels disappeared. If we tune to anything that's not a local channel, we get that message.

Cable provider, btw, is Xfinity/Comcast. We have been on and off the phone with 'em for a week to diagnose the problem. After three different cable cards, and a three-hour visit from a tech who was stumped (as was his supervisor), they've concluded that it's likely the TiVo that's the problem. It's not unfair to consider that; after all, we've had the thing for ten years now.

Anybody else encounter this problem and fix it? I'm not really looking forward to dropping money on a new unit if I don't have to.

That could be a problem with the unit. Does it get local channels even without the CableCard inserted?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Nope - if the CableCARD isn't in there, the TiVo gives us a big panicky screen telling us there's no CableCARD.

Comment

Originally posted by dauber View Post
        Nope - if the CableCARD isn't in there, the TiVo gives us a big panicky screen telling us there's no CableCARD.
        Right, but you can dismiss that and potentially still tune to unencrypted channels.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Well....the thing about that....before I had a chance to pull out the CableCARD and test it that way, my wife accidentally changed channels to a cable channel and...*poof!* suddenly all of our cable channels came back to the TiVo! So...I dunno.

Comment

Working...
          X