• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DVD writer with TiVo Series 2 not "seeing" cable impute

My TiVo

595-0001-A026-F447

Humax DVD writer with TiVo (series 2) 80hr BStock

The issue.
    TiVo was working. With this configuration, Co-ax cable from cable box (note small Xfinity / Comcast cable box does not have A/V option) to TiVo A/V from TiVo to TV.

What happened. (long story shot)
    In the process of rearranging room, disconnected TiVo unplugged, complete power down. As I was re-connecting the TiVo I had the TiVo face down so the back was up vertically when I connect the power it made odd noise (hard drive spin?) like the TiVo did not like being in a vertical position. Quickly unplugged the TiVo. put it in its proper position (horizontal) plugged it back in, powered up, sounds good. (this may or may not be the root of the problem)

The issue.
    TiVo, now does not see that the input is from the co-ax cable.
    Tried everything, even long full set up from start. In the set up it says to connect cable box to TiVo using A/V no option for the input to be from Co-ax.

With configuration Co-ax cable from cable box to TiVo, than A/V from TiVo to TV. (that was working before) I can see the TiVo on my TV, menus, recorded shows, even see and transfer recording for my 2 other TiVos, but when I go to live TV the TiVo says "searching for signal" The TiVo does not seem to recognize that it is getting its impute from the Co-ax cable. If I connect the TiVo to the TV via Co-ax cable I can see the cable channels, but NOT the TiVo.

I have run through the set up and trouble shooting advice several times with the same results.

Question(s) / advice request.
    Did powering up TiVo face down so the back was up vertically, break something in the TiVo.
    Why is the TiVo not seeing that it is getting its impute from the co-ax cable? It was working fine before.
    In resetting the TiVo did I get a software update, that is simply not compatible with my old TiVo?
    Or put very simply HELP I can record my shows!

Thanks so much for your help!

I can't say for sure what broke the coax input, but it does sound broken. We cannot repair that.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you for the fast response! Not the answer I was hoping for, was hoping it would be fixable. Guess it is time to upgrade.

Comment

Working...
      X