Audio Description turned on and can' turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Description turned on and can' turn off

Searched the forum and could not find the answer - apologies if this is already covered.

I have a TIVO Bolt with cable card connected to two Mini's. Running on normal CAT 6 cable. All of a sudden one channel has "Audio Description" turned on - this is the feature that turns on a narration for the vision impaired. It only occurs on a single broadcast channel, NOT on its HD counterpart, and is present on all three devices. I've tried everything i can think of in teh audio and SAP settings but cannot turn it off.
    To be honest, I'm not even sure this is a TVIO issue, but thought I'd start here

That sounds a bit like the screen reader maybe - try holding the A button on your remote down for two seconds.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for getting back - that’s the first thing I tried. Screen reader seems to just speak any text on the screen. What I’m hearing is a descriptive narration. “John gets out of the car and walks to the front door. He rings the doorbell”. Etc..

Comment

That just sounds like closed captioning. I'd check in the Info menu if it might be on.

Comment

Nope - cc is turned off.

Comment

You could try posting a video here and then I or someone else may figure it out. Otherwise, I’m out of suggestions.

Comment

I appreciate your assistance. Glad to know I wasn’t missing anything obvious. If I figure it out I’ll post the solution.

Comment

Working...
              X