series 2 tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• series 2 tivo

I have an older series 2 tivo that I use with dish and it will no longer do automatic or manual updates. It connects and starts downloading and after about 10 min of downloading it errors out with a code E03.

I have a spare tivo box that I can use for parts to protect my lifetime service but I need a better idea of what the problem may be.

I also have a new N wireless router that I was going to hook up to my computer system and I can purchase a wireless router pigtail and hook it to the tivo if you think it may be a modem problem.

Thanks
    Rodney

Most likely, that's an S03 error. If so, you can try a "Clear and Delete Guide Data" to see if it helps, but it may get stuck there endlessly.

You can get a replacement drive and preserve your lifetime subscription with one of our kits:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have a similar situation: An older Series 2 (80) with a 400 hour SATA drive and Dish network: I am slowly losing the ability to complete loading of the new info. It gets to anywhere from 60 - 80% and fails (SO3) (sometimes as high as 96%). Is it the drive? (it's not even a year old - from you guys). As I changed two things at once, it's hard to pin down the problem. I also had to reduce my 'season pass' to less than 40 entry's, but it hasn't helped. My last complete update was 29 Oct 2011. Any Ideas?

Comment

Sounds like it's probably a hard drive problem.

Have you tried just rebooting the unit?

Have you tried a clear and delete guide data? Be ready for a potential crash here, if you try it. If there is a hard drive problem, this can easily force it to complete failure.

Comment

TiVo 2

Ouch. Luckily, everything on my drive is replaceable. As for 'reboot' - do you mean the 'restart' function? or a 'hard' restart? (have tried both many times). Or do you mean 'clear and delete'? (not yet, but it's on the table).

Comment

Well, as I said, both. If you've tried the reboot, try the clear and delete.

Comment

Working...
            X