Bolt Reboot Loop, Green Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Reboot Loop, Green Light

My Bolt TCD849500 is stuck rebooting. It never gets past the Tivo logo screen. I do not see any blinking lights, just the normal green light. The drive seems to be spinning. Tried a new power supply - no change in behavior.

I know I can replace the drive, but what if that isn't the problem? Also someone suggested I use ddrescue to try and salvage the drive data. Is that something Weaknees can do - restore data?

The Bolt is actually the first TiVo model where we have pretty good luck saving data, but to be honest, your unit doesn't sound like it fits the profile of a Bolt failure where data recovery is likely.

I do think you have a bad drive there. I'd try a drive kit because I think the chances of us rescuing your data are pretty low.

Drive kits are here:

https://www.weaknees.com/bolt.php

For reference, the situation where we have really good success with saving data is with the 3 TB Bolts where all four lights are flashing. We're successful in saving data in that situation over 90% of the time.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Okay thanks. I'll give it a shot.
      Oh and if the drive I get from you does not fix the issue?
      Last edited by Welshdog; 08-21-2021, 02:26 PM. Reason: more questions

Comment

We take returns - 15% restocking fee and the return must be within 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          We take returns - 15% restocking fee and the return must be within 30 days.
          Drive didn't work. Bolt still reboots continuously. Any other options I can try?

Comment

Have you tried a different power outlet?

You can email [email protected] for return instructions.

Comment

Tried different outlet and different power supply - same result. Is it possible to buy a refurb Bolt from Weaknees without a drive? That way I could install the new drive in and even try the old drive to see if the recorded shows are still accessible.

Comment

No, we don’t sell Bolts without drives, but also if you move that drive to another Bolt, your shows would be erased anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X