Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Roamio Plus will not complete guided setup

Hi,

Tivo Roamio Plus will not complete guided setup. It has a 1T WD green drive. I am not sure if it is original or I upgraded at some point in the distant past.

Roamio was not completing program guide downloads. I ran a bunch of kickstart codes. No improvement.

Figuring it was a bad drive, I installed a 2T WD Red drive. Roamio successfully installed the Tivo software but would not complete the guided setup. It gets struck on the downloading phase.

After successfully completed the long SMART test on the 1T Green drive, I reinstalled it. I used the kickstart code to reinstall the SW and it gets stuck at the same point (downloading) during guided setup. I can see the Roamio's network activity downloading from Tivo but it never gets past the guided setup. Unit has lifetime.

Any idea what the issue is? Can it be repaired?

Thanks

Pretty strange. Are you using Ethernet or Wi-Fi? Have you tried rebooting your router?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I am using Wi-Fi now but the behavior on MOCA was the same. Rebooted modem/router and firewall, no change.

I can see the Roamio downloading data (230MB down, 90KB up) from Tivo and NIST. It just seems like the download hangs, the Roamio times out and reboots.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Comment

You mentioned a firewall. Can you disable the firewall and try a test that way?

Comment

I put the Roamio back on the MOCA network that does not have a firewall (other than what is in the FIOS router); same result. I have a Bolt and 2 minis on the MOCA network working fine.

I tried ethernet via a wireless bridge (with firewall off). Same result.

Unless you have any other ideas, I think I need to get on the phone with Tivo. I see data to and from their servers. Perhaps its an issue on their end?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kdonaghy View Post
            I put the Roamio back on the MOCA network that does not have a firewall (other than what is in the FIOS router); same result. I have a Bolt and 2 minis on the MOCA network working fine.

I tried ethernet via a wireless bridge (with firewall off). Same result.

Unless you have any other ideas, I think I need to get on the phone with Tivo. I see data to and from their servers. Perhaps its an issue on their end?

Thanks
            Yup - hopefully that's it. I do think it's time to call them. 877 367-8486

Comment

Working...
            X