Pioneer series 2 TiVo and DVD recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer series 2 TiVo and DVD recorder

I have a Pioneer series 2 TiVo and DVD recorder (model DVR-810H).

For the past month it has been pixelating during viewing and eventually locking up. The screen goes black, and the display on the TiVo locks to the information displayed (time, channel, etc) when the issue happened.

This happens randomly sometimes going stretches without issue, but recently it's been pretty prevalent. I also noticed that when dialing into the TiVo service to get program information the system will crash on the last step.

I suspect this is a hard drive issue. The unit is going on 6-7 years old now.

I have tried to check the harddrive through your kickstart tests, but I can never get to the hard drive test screen. I noticed that it says the test is for Series 2 DVRs WITHOUT DVD Recorders. Is there another procedure? Any thoughts?

That does sound like a bad drive.

Try the procedure for the Humax and Toshiba units with burners:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php

If you can't get the kickstart to work, you should probably just try a new drive kit:

http://www.weaknees.com/pio8.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Can you clarify a portion of the instructions for the kickstart on the...

HUMAX/TOSBHIBA TiVo DVRs WITH DVD RECORDERS (DRT400, DRT800, RS-TX20, RS-TX60)

At the end of step #1 (see below) it says to Continue to hold the pause button. What I am confused about is the word continue. When do I first press the pause button?

1. As the DVR restarts, all LED lights on the front bezel of the DVR will be on at the same time. The red DVD light will then illuminate on its own. Continue to hold the pause button.

Comment

Hold it down starting before you plug the unit back in.

Comment

Awesome...it worked!!!! Thanks a bunch!! Do you have any idea why TiVo doesn't know there are different kickstart instructions for different models? Just curious, because they had me going in circles w/ the wrong instructions. Thanks again for all the helpful information.

Comment

Nope - I can never explain what happens at TiVo's call center.

Glad the unit is working again!

Comment

Working...
            X