Direct TV Tivo Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct TV Tivo Combo

I have a Direct TV Tivo series2 combo box. Direct TV no longer uses Tivo. Can I still use this box?

Absolutely.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Let me amplify: You can use this box. Call DirecTV and tell 'em what you have. They'll tell you you need to order an access card for the unit for $20. When it arrives, hook up the DirecTivo to the satellite and phone, insert the access card and call DirecTV. They'll activate your DirecTivo for you. At that point you'll be good to go.

DTV is no longer providing TiVos to it's customers but they still support their use.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm just getting started with DirecTV and Tivo, and was hoping to get some help/advice.

I just ordered my DirecTV service through Bellsouth as part of a package deal. Unfortunately, that left me to my own devices in getting a Tivo receiver, so here I am.

What is my best option for a DirecTV Tivo receiver? As referenced in the above post, will I need to order an access card, or can I just use the one from the DirecTV receiver I'll be getting as part of the installation? Are the DirecTV Tivos available through WeaKnees Series 1, 2, or 3, and what difference does that make?

I guess just some general advice would be helpful, and I apologize if this is covered elsewhere in a FAQ or something...I tried looking but didn't see one.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

All DirecTV TiVos that we have are Series2. There is no Series3 for DTV. Just know that these aren't the same as the standalone TiVo units as far as networking features.

We have a pretty wide variety of units here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X