Multiple problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple problems?

I have a Samsung SIR-S4040R that has slowly been getting worse over the last couple of months. I did not realize how different the DTV dvr's were compared to TIVO so I just called and got a replacement. After one day with the crappy thing they sent me, I now want to get my Tivo repaired.

It has two issues.

First, one tuner has very bad pixelation on some (most) channels. But when looking at the sat signal it holds steady in the mid 90's without any blips. Could this still be a tuner problem?

Second, the overall picture quality has degraded. There is a faint ripple/wavy lines over the screen at all times, even when viewing menus. Also, during the grey powering up screen there is what looks like static all over the screen.

Could these two problems be related, or do I have multiple issues?

Thanks for any advice!

They could be related, but most likely they're separate issues.

But we can fix both together as part of our flat fee repair option:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That's what I was hoping to hear

On a related note, do you think DTV will give me a hassle on reactivating the Tivo? I am not under contract, but they did send out their dvr. I guess this should be a question for them.

Thanks very much!

Comment

You should have no problem re-activating a TiVo that had previously been on your account.

Comment

Working...
        X