Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series 3 with reboot loop: How long is HD warrantee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 with reboot loop: How long is HD warrantee?

I'm on my second Series 3. The first was purchased at the end of 2006 and installed early 2007. It became unuseable due to pixellation and freezing etc. the end of 2009 and Tivo replaced it with a refurb early 2010. The refurb unit began having problems earlier this year, and since I have the lifetime plan and Tivo was no help, I elected to replace the HD myself using a WK #648250 750GB HD which I installed May 3rd. We had to power down the whole home theater system at the end of August due to potential flooding of our basement and when I began reassembling things earlier this month found that the Series 3 began spontaneously rebooting about every 15-20 minutes. This has since degenerated to the point that it never gets out of a "Welcome, powering up", "Almost there", followed by a green "Detected serious problem" screen followed shortly by a reboot to the "Welcome" screen. I've removed the 2 cablecards and disconnected the cable and this makes no difference. I'm not getting into the boot far enough to try the diagnostics, as far as I can tell.

I'm assuming this is a HD problem. Is this drive (order #852446 dated 4/20/2011) still under warrantee, and if so, do I ship it to you guys for replacement?

We've got quite a lot of electronics in the house, and the Tivo is by far the most troublesome.

We've sent you an email with repair instructions. Please send it ASAP - it has a six month warranty.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X