New R10 DIRECTV DVR losing activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New R10 DIRECTV DVR losing activation

My R10 "DIRECTV DVR with TiVo (refurbished)" purchased 10/1/2011 invoice# 859110 is misbehaving.

Twice now I have turned on my TV to find a black screen rather than a playing channel, and when I press (perhaps any button, but for certain TiVo then 2 in order to get the To Do List) I get a message that my DVR service has not been activated. (Sorry I don't have the exact message text.) I then restart the recorder and it works fine. This is, of course, not acceptable because it totally misses numerous recordings between getting into this state and when I notice and restart.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? This should be a warranty item.

Thanks very much,
    Helmut

We should probably just get it back here for a warranty check, but do you have it connected to a phone line at all times?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Sorry, I didn't get an email notification that you had replied.

1) Yes, always on a phone line. On a UPS as well, so it should never lose power.

2) It's now totally failing. Specifically, through DirecTV support help, I have determined that the card reader or associated stuff inside the DirecTivo is broken. In the end, it failed to recognize a card from a different machine -- that is, it didn't say I've inserted the wrong card. While the other machine did say that about this machine's card.

Please email me directly at temp2010 aatt forren.org or call 770 345 763four.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Please see the email we've sent.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X