X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere XL stuck on "Few minutes more..."

Greetings,

So here's the long and short:

PXL working just fine. Yesterday evening, turned on TV to see the "Few minutes more" load screen. My guess is that it had been there for some time, as it wasn't progressing for me while I was waiting. (TV hadn't been on for a while, so I'm not sure how long it had been hanging there)

I power cycled the unit and watched... Saw the "powering up" screen. Then went to "Few minutes more" screen. Then goes to blank screen, and stays there (at least as long as I've bothered to wait). The blank screen is coming from the Tivo though, as I don't get the input banner from the Sony LCD that you see when there is actually no video input.

After trying the power cycling a few times with the same results, I came here to research some troubleshooting. I've tried the kickstart codes (first time I've ever tried those), but to no avail. The Tivo seems to react to my remote input at the proper time, but I never get a blue light, and regardless of which KS code I use, the Tivo always continues to the "Few minutes more" page, followed by the blank video output.

At this point I'm at an impasse. Any input, suggestions, consolation (lol) would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Could the unit be stuck in the wrong format for you TV? Have you tried pressing the format button on the front of the TiVo and then waiting a bit for it to sync, and cycling to the next one?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply. No go

At this point, I'm just leaving it on, to see what, if anything, happens. It seems to be just cycling through the first two boot up screens over and over. I'm not terribly optimistic at this point. /sigh

Comment

Nope - if it's cycling, it won't usually spontaneously stop.

Try pulling the power, and booting with no CableCARDs, and no USB or network devices attached.

Comment

Good idea! Unfortunately, still no luck. No change. The help is much appreciated though

Comment

Could this be related to a recent sofftware upgrade

I'm having a similar problem w/ my XL. On turning the TV on for the first time in 10 days, I noted that the TiVo was in the process of rebooting, and was stuck on the "few minutes more" screen. After about 30 minutes, I pulled the plug to restart. Things seemed to go well, but the box would freeze briefly, then self re-boot every 3 minutes or so. I emailed TiVo and got this reply:
            "Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your box rebooting,

I see that with your last successful connection, the TiVo box installed our most recent software update. We have been experiencing some unforeseen side effects of this update on some Premiere boxes. Let's first try disconnecting the CableCARD and see if your box still reboots on the connection.

If the box remains stable without the CableCARD and only reboots when inserted, this is an issue under investigation. You may try exchanging the CableCARD for another with your Cable Provider, but at this time, it is not known if that will resolve the issue.

If the box reboots again with the CableCARD disconnected or after replacing the CableCARD, let us know so that we can troubleshoot further and forward the updated information to our researchers
            . "

I pulled the card and disconnected the tuning adapter and rebooted. Things were stable until I put the card back in and reconnected the adapter. The incessant self rebooting started again. I tried one more time leaving the card in but disconnecting the tuning adapter. Now the box is stable, but I'm stuck w/o HD or the ability to receive most of the channels I used to.

I asked if it was possible to roll back to the old software, which seemed to be working fine, but was told there is no way to do that. I'm going to try a new cable card, but am not holding out much hope for this. I believe it will take a software fix to resolve the problem.

Comment

Interesting - haven't seen the problem, but if TiVo is on the case, that's good news.

Comment

Working...
              X