Channel Changing stopped working on my Series2 with Comcast Motorola DTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel Changing stopped working on my Series2 with Comcast Motorola DTA

About a 18 months ago when Comcast changed over to Digital, I had to hook up a Motorola DTA to each of my Series2 TiVos via a IR DTA cable that ran from the IR-in Port of the Motorola DTA to IR port of the TiVo. This has worked fine for the last year and a half. However, this week, one of my TiVo got stuck on one channel. The TiVo showed it was changing channels, but it would always show the same station. I tried usine the DTA and cable from my other TiVo(which was working fine), but still would not work. I then changed simply unplugged the IR Cable, and am able to change the channel using my DTA remote.
    I think the IR port on my TiVo is bad. Especially since I used two different DTA and cables on it which worked on my other TiVo. Does this make sense?
    Is there a way to replace the IR port on my TiVo. I have another(third) TiVo which I use for parts. It looks likethe IR port is soldered to motherboard. Can I switch out the mother board? I have lifetime service on my two working TiVos and just month to month on the "parts" Tivo. Is the serial number for the TiVo encoded on a chip?
    Should I finally just spend the $500 bucks to up upgrade to a Premier?
Working...
X