Multi-Room Viewing Locking Up Tivo HD XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Room Viewing Locking Up Tivo HD XL

I have 2 Tivo Premiers connected directly to a Router with gigabit ethernet ports and Cat6 cables. Transferring shows between them is fast and I have had no issues. I also have an HD XL connected the same way. However, whenever I initiate transfers from one of the Premiers to the HD XL the HD XL either locks up ("Please wait...) and never starts the transfer or if it does it takes just as long to transfer as to watch the show. In addition, the 2 Premiers will disappear from the My Shows list and the only way to get them back is to reboot. All of my TiVos are relatively full and all have DVR Expanders. The HD XL is about 3 years old. I have no problems recording new programs, just transferring. I tried using wireless with the N adapter but the same issues occur. I contacted TiVo and was told I needed to reset multi-room viewing, (about a 4 hour process) which I did but with the same results. TiVo support then told me the only thing to do would be to disconnect my DVR expander (and lose all my shows) and then see if it works or upgrade to a new Premier. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Could the ethernet port just be bad on my HD XL and does weaKnees have anything to repair that? I am skeptical the problem has to do with the space left on the hard drive since one of my Premiers is almost completely full but transfers between it and my other Premier never have any issues.

I think we might have chatted - please try the TiVo kickstart 54 tests:

http://www.weaknees.com/54
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I started the Kickstart 54 at 5pm last night and ran the Overnight option. Not sure how to tell when it is done. But there was a failure listed on the screen when I checked this morning. I remember seeing something about marking something as Red. Does this test repair the drive at all or just indicate I have problems? Does this require the drive to be replaced?

Comment

This test is a test only, and not a repair. Really, drive repair is not effective long term. If you've got failures, you need a replacement drive.

Comment

Just one more question then. Will one of the Kickstart 54 tests identify whether the problem is with my TiVo's hard drive or my DVR Expander or should I just assume it affects both of them and replace both? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Yes, the kickstart tests will show you the drive in question.

We really find a lot of problems with the DVR Expander drives that WD makes, so for that and other reasons, we think one larger internal drive makes the most sense.

Comment

Working...
            X