Jumps to "Delete this recording"? when trying to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumps to "Delete this recording"? when trying to play

I have a Sony SVR-2000. For every recorded show in my play list, when I hit "play", after a split second the "Delete this recording?" screen pops up giving me the option to delete the program now or not to delete it, like it does at the end of a show. None of the recordings will play...they all go instantly to "Delete this recording?" when I hit "play". I've tried restarting the unit twice using the reset option under settings, and once by unplugging it and replugging in. No change. Any ideas for what is causing this and how to fix it?

What do they say for the length of the show in the information screen? Are they all 0:00?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Actually, it isn't every program on my play list, just every one after January 20th. 2 new shows that recorded after I restarted the unit last night are viewable. So it was apparently malfunctioning for over a week, and restarting it corrected it. But to answer your question, they do show the expected duration in the info., 00:30, 01:00, etc. I also noticed last night that I couldn't watch live TV through it until I restarted it. So maybe while it was unable to watch live TV, it was unable to record live TV also, but the software was still listing the program as being recorded. Any idea what causes it to not be able to play live TV, but restarting fixes it? This has happened a few times. Potential hard drive problem?

Comment

It's hard to know whether it's a drive problem or something else, but if I were going to try to fix it myself, I'd start with a drive.

Comment

Working...
        X