Component output flaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Component output flaky

TivoHD, CableCard and Antenna inputs. Component outputs. TV: Samsung DLP.

Not sure if this is the Tivo or my TV's problem. I have not been able to hook the tivo up to an alternative TV to test it. But lets begin with the problem:

Originally this started on 1-2 channels, now it happens on even more. The TV will "lose synch" in that the video will go black, audio still working. It will flicker sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes longer. I have reproduced this on both component inputs on the same TV, have not attempted on a secondary TV. To get the "synch" back I occasionally have to switch inputs on the TV, let it normalize, then go back to the Tivo input.

Other odd behavior while this is happening, the black will not show any Tivo markings, ie green status bar, tivo screen etc. When it is flashing i will see glimpses of the tivo screens.

Someday I hope to try to duplicate on a secondary TV. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Thinking I might get a new TV out of this, but would hate to buy one only to find I really should be fixing my Tivo.

Have you tried HDMI?

Comment

The problem, I need to utilize component longerterm. So if it works via HDMI, does that help isolate the problem? I don't know enough about the video output from the Tivo to know if they share the same video/board.

I can run an HDMI this weekend and try it.

Comment

Well, it'll tell you if it's potentially a drive problem, or a more localized component problem.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X