directv r10 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directv r10 problems

I have a directv r10 tivo which I have had for about 7 years recently it has started freezing and turning it self off and on and I every where I looked on line said it was probibley the hard drive quess what it's not the hard drive can anyone tell me what else can make it do this

A bad power supply, a bad motherboard or things external to the unit (bad power, improperly grounded dish, etc.) can all cause a unit to freeze and reboot.

Comment

I have 3 receivers on this dish would it not effect them all the same if the dish was not properly grounded

Comment

also this usualy happens when I am watching a recording and recording something else or when two things are recording at the same time

Comment

How do you know the problem isn't the hard drive?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

brand new hard drive just replaced it

Comment

And the new hard drive has exactly the same behavior?

Comment

yes reboot and freeze

Comment

You can try a power supply:

http://www.weaknees.com/ps

or you can see this page about incoming power:

http://www.weaknees.com/protect.php

Comment

I have discovered something very strange can a channel make a tivo freeze and reboot because that is whats happening didn't really notice it before but the last couple of times it has done this it was on that channel

Comment

I haven't really seen that before. Have you tried the red reset button in the access card door?

Comment

when it freezes i hit the reset or it will stay that way until i do but it will freeze or reboot again if i keep it on that channel probibly with in 2 hrs and the longer it stays on that channel the problem becomes more frequent but if i make sure neither tuner is tuned to that channel i have no problem at all

Comment

My best guess is that you have a board problem. Your best bet is to get a replacement R10 (or equivalent unit) or move into an HD DVR like the THR22.

Comment

Working...
                          X