Premiere won't load 20.2. Stuck on 14.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere won't load 20.2. Stuck on 14.9

I have a Premiere XL. I cannot get it to update to ver 20.2 of the TiVo OS. I've forced maunal connections probably 15 consecutive times, tried some Kickstart codes related to reinstalling the OS, restarted from menus and from unplugging. Nothing worked so far. Called Tivo they didn't see why it didn't. Said they'd try to connect to it from their end for me to give it 24 hours. Hasn't worked yet.

History was:
    Existing XL, had been workign fine, in service since about July. Month or more ago it seems, I got the message that the software had been updated. The message was the one that included : "press select on live TV and see a mini-guide", I *think* that's a 20.2 feature. Anyway, tried that, didn't work. Didn't worry about it, figured it would come eventually.

Month or so later, which was last week, the XL started studdering and hanging during play. Rebooted on it's own, still hung. Figured it was a failing hard drive. Immediately, hoping to get one last good read, I pulled and copied using jmfs to a new 2TB. Reinstalled 2TB, all seems to work fine now, except.....

Checked OS version becasue I still didn't have new features. Says 14.9. I've tried everthing I can think of to force it. Won't go. Really don't want to exchange it over this. I can live with 14.9, but why it's not updating worries me.

Any suggestions? Is there a specific sequence of kickstart routines that might fix it? There seem to be 3+ that say they are for loading the OS.

We really don't have any experience with that software, but my guess is that you've copied corrupted info over to the new drive - especially since the old drive was stuttering and hanging.

We can format your new drive for you:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X