Is My Hard Drive Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My Hard Drive Dead?

I have a TiVo HD, purchased through Weaknees with a 116 HD hr upgrade, in (I believe) 2008. It was acting a bit oddly (saying it was running out of information on a particular date, when it had information past that date, etc.), and I read on various forums that it could help to clear the program information and to do list.

I did so, and while it took a couple of hours the system cleared and rebooted nicely. All the previously recorded programs remain available. I then connected to the TiVo service, which took a few hours getting date and loading it, and then gave a "connection succeeded" message. However, there is now no information at all regarding future programs, and it says that the program information has run out, and to connect to TiVo. On a second connection, the unit clearly believes it has all the information, since nothing new is obtained or loaded.

Am I toast?

ADD: After posting the above, I did a hard (power disconnect) reboot. Although I now do not get a message saying that there is no program information, there is no program information. Any attempt to search for a program results in "no program found." However, even though I ran "clear program information and to do list," I find that the to do list is still there, as are about 1/3 of the season passes I had. Of course, every season pass now says that there are no future showings. Curiouser and curiouser.

ADD2: And now, about 12 hours later, the program information appears to be populated. Perhaps, like the Norwegian Blue, it was just resting.
    Last edited by Johasco; 03-23-2012, 06:18 AM.

That's all right, actually. It clears, then it connects and downloads, but then it takes a while to index the new info and populate the guide. It can take 48 hours to get a full two weeks of guide data on a new unit.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X