Account status = account closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account status = account closed

Last month my dtivo dsr704 died. *No picture or audio on any channels* When I checked the sys info the acct status , which used to say "acct in good standing" now read acct closed. (?) I ordered a refurb unit (same model) plug it in and get the same thing (no pic or audio & acct closed) (!) (?) So I return it for a replacement unit. The unit arrived 2/27/07 and guess what? SAME problem. DTV swears they have no idea why this is, but 3 tivos have all done the same thing!!!!!!!!! When I asked the dtv rep why it still said acct closed when my acct was active, I was told that that didn't matter because from what she could tell everything is ok. EVERYTHING ain't ok ideas anyone?

Did you give them the current RID number and ask them to marry the card that you are using to that specific RID number? You can't just move the card between boxes.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I gave them all that they asked for and then some. We tried all of the trouble shooting, but to no avail. No pic/audio on any channels. Today a dtv tech suggested that I call Tivo directly (?)(!) None of the techs could make it work. I appreciate your response, but I've given up on tivo and this dtv bs. I'm switching to the dish network.

Comment

Wow are there any prizes for reviving a 4 year old thread??

But seriously... I have this identical issue. Have two identical DSR704s in the house, on in bedroom one in living room. Bedroom unit is fine, never a problem. About 2 weeks ago suddenly the LR unit couldn't record anymore, every time I tried I was told I had no DVR service and to contact DirecTV. Calling them produced no useful results, as everything "was fine on their end". During that troubleshooting thouogh, I discovered that my power supply was failing, and eventually the unit wouldn't even boot any longer. I wrote the whole thing off as related to the PS dying, and just got a replacement PS.

About an hour ago I finished swapping out the PS unit and the Tivo came roaring back to life. Everything is fine... except I still can't record and my account status is "closed". Only on the one Tivo though, the bedroom unit is fine. DirecTV says my account is fine, and the problem at this point must be that I need to replace my Tivo. Not really sure I buy that as of course they just want to push me onto one of their DVRs which I'm not willing to do.

Does anyone know what on earth could cause this and even better, what to do about it? I have had the Tivo call home with success, have reactivated to the DVR service with success, and have even run the automated satellite setup with success. No change on any account...

Help please!! If we have to go another couple weeks without Tivo I think my wife may turn violent! LOL

Jonathan

Comment

My guess is, bad access card.

But, with the new power supply in the unit, have you asked them to re-hit your access card with the account information? That might do the trick.

Comment

Yeah they supposedly did all that stuff... went through a whole bunch of hoops of resets & power cycling & other types of resets, etc. No good on any count. Playback is fine, live TV is fine, but recording is a complete no-go. It actually was suggested by DTV that it could be a bad access card over a week ago right before I determined that the power supply was failing, but the guy in "that department" they transferred me to told me that it absolutely positively could not be the access card, and he actually refused to send me a new one.

Maybe I'll push on DTV one more time for a new card, just so I can rule that out completely.

Jonathan

Comment

Well, I've seen the refusal to send a new access card before - and usually, when they refuse, they're just wrong - it is the card. I'm not so sure in your case, but it is the first thing I'd try.

Comment

Yep, you were spot on! It was indeed the card. I put the new one in, activated it, had Tivo call in to "activate DVR service" and everything began working perfectly!

So much for the DTV employee who insisted it was impossible!

I hope this helps someone else with this problem in the future...

Jonathan

Comment

I just wish DTV would realize this already and offer it to people as a solution . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X