Series 1 - Phillips DSR6000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 - Phillips DSR6000

I have a series 1 box and I upgraded and replaced the hard drive a year and a half ago. No issues, everything worked great.
    Turned on the tv the other morning and the box was rebooting and was stuck at 70% of acquiring satellite info. Unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times and couldn't get past 70%. Tried going through the guided set up again and it froze at 28%. So I unplugged it again, disconnected the sat inputs and went through the set up again until I got to the TiVo central screen. I then plugged in the sat feeds again and it immediately went to 79% of acquiring satellite info but then froze there again. So I unplugged it again and am now stuck at 70% of acquiring satellite info.
    Any ideas or suggestions? Help please!!!

It's pretty hard to say from these symptoms where the problem lies. It could be a bad drive, but it could also be some other problem.

You might want to consider the flat-fee TiVo repair service.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG1173 View Post
      I have a series 1 box and I upgraded and replaced the hard drive a year and a half ago. No issues, everything worked great.
      Turned on the tv the other morning and the box was rebooting and was stuck at 70% of acquiring satellite info. Unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times and couldn't get past 70%. Tried going through the guided set up again and it froze at 28%. So I unplugged it again, disconnected the sat inputs and went through the set up again until I got to the TiVo central screen. I then plugged in the sat feeds again and it immediately went to 79% of acquiring satellite info but then froze there again. So I unplugged it again and am now stuck at 70% of acquiring satellite info.
      Any ideas or suggestions? Help please!!!
      I've just run headlong into the exact same problem. I actually rebooted my box because one of my local channels started showing up as not available on this unit. Were you able to solve the problem?

If I can't get this to work I'm going to have to swap in a new drive and see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

I'm having the same problem as sirket (tried to reboot my box because local channels showed up as not available). My unit is a Phillips DSR 708, though.

Comment

Please see this blog post about the issue of DIRECTV TiVos losing local channels:

http://www.wkblog.com/tivo/2012/04/s...ocal-channels/
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Series 1 - Phillips DSR6000

I have EXACTLY the same receiver, setup, and hangups at 70 and 79 as MikeG1173. I even replaced my Hard Drive last year as he did. Up until yesterday everything was working perfectly, then I did a reset and it hangs up at 70 or 79. Telephoned DirectTV and they were no help. Check to see if your Tuner #2 is functioning. Mine seems to be defective - it receives a signal on Tuner #1, does not receive a signal on Tuner #2 from a fully functioning satellite cable. Plugged in a DirectTV TIVO replacement receiver to all the same cables and everything works perfectly so it must be something wrong inside the Phillips unit - in my case most likely the tuners.

Comment

We can fix tuners - but I would really be curious to hear what OS version your unit has.

Tuner repairs are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tuner

Comment

Same problem here. DSR6000R01 is stuck at 79%. Hard drive was replaced last November and everthing worked until a recent power outage. Now it is stuck at 79% acquiring from the satellite. I tried the 28% fix but it was no help. DirecTV said the unit must be replaced. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Comment

I believe this means you have an old OS on your unit. Are you running 3.5d? That's what you now need for locals.

Comment

Michael,
                    Thanks for the reply. It appears you have correctly identified the problem as software related.
                    I have two DSR6000's. The one that is working is running version 3.5b.
                    The one that is not working is on version 3.1.0. It had a new hard drive from weaKnees installed a few months ago. (Order id #858628) Shouldn't the new hard drive have had the later software?
                    Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I reconnected the TiVo and verified that the phone line was working by forcing a daily call. Then I left the unit connected overnight with it stuck at 79% acquiring from the satellite. Today, everything is working, including the local channels, but it still shows software version 3.1.0. Go figure. Thanks for your help.

Comment

OK - I haven't heard about it, but maybe DIRECTV made some change on their end.

Comment

Working...
                        X