audio, but no video when recording and in LiveTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio, but no video when recording and in LiveTV

A couple of days ago, my Series 2 stopped recording video or showing video in LiveTV. Spent 2+ hours with Tivo Support who had me try video cables, etc. I know the video is working from Cable company because TV reception is fine. Switched out video cable and coaxial and nothing improved. Could the power supply problem that I've read about on this web site be the issue? Sure would like to know before I order it and try to replace it. Really don't want to buy a new subscription. Thanks very much for help from anyone!

If you are able to see the TiVo menus, but not live TV, then it could be an input issue on the TiVo itself, especially if you are using coax/RF in and no cable box. You might consider a flat-fee TiVo repair to fix your problem. The repair service does not impact your lifetime TiVo service.

Comment

Thx for quick reply! I do see the menus. I do have a small cable box from Comcast that uses coax. Would that still be the issue? What if I send it in (I'm in Portland) and it can't be repaired? What are the costs then?

Comment

There's no charge if we can't repair it, but really, that almost never happens - less than 1% aren't fixable.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X