Replaced primary drive - doesn't access secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced primary drive - doesn't access secondary

I have a Tivo series 2 DT that over a year ago I added a second upgrade drive to it. That has been working fine.
    Recently, the Tivo has been freezing and rebooting on recording and replays. Then, before I had a chance to do anything about it, it locks up on the restarting please wait screen and doesn't go farther.
    Figuring the hard drive has went south (it's 6 yrs old or so), I removed the hard drive from a second Tivo series 2 DT that I have (and not using - it was my mother-in-laws, and it's an identical model, both were even using WD drives) and placed it in my Tivo, keeping the second larger drive in there.
    I start it up, perform the delete and clear everything successfully (proper account, serial, media access key is now displayed, etc).
    But it's not using the second drive - I've only got the storage on the primary drive. I've confirmed that the second drive has power and the IDE cables are properly and securely connected.
    I'm not expecting to retain/restore the recorded programs that were on the second drive, but what do I do to get the second drive online? I rather expected that since the initial installing of the upgrade drive was to just install it and the unit recognized it and started using it, that the same would occur just by replacing the primary drive.
    Do I need to reformat the upgrade drive?
    Maybe perform a software re-install via the kickstart menus?
    Something else?
    Thanks!
    Mark
    Last edited by MarkLe; 05-10-2012, 09:41 AM.

Right - you'll need to re-bless the second drive. The formatting prep that you (or the company where you bought the drive) did was used by the older A drive.

We can re-prep it for you here:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X