Lost Some Local Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Some Local Channels

I have a DTV-Hughes Tivo model GXCEBOT that started losing some, but not all, local channels. Over a week or so more local channels were lost. Higher channels seemed fine. I called DTV tech support. They told me to reset the box, which I had done before calling, and which took a very long time, hanging up for perhaps 15 min at 37%. Resets were ineffective. They sent a local tech. The other TV connected to the dish has no problems. The tech fiddled with the dish and tried to reset, lost patience at 37% and replaced the Tivo with a non Tivo DVR which I hate. I own the Hughes Tivo, so I've still got it. Can I fix it? Can Weaknees fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help

What version of the TiVo software is on your DVR? If it's not 3.5, then that's the problem and a new hard drive should solve it.

Comment

Idk

I have no idea of the software version. Software has never been upgraded, & I've had the box a long time. Are you saying that I can swap out the hard drive & fix the problem?

Comment

Yes - this is a known issue with older software versions on DirecTV TiVos.

For a list of kits that will fix your unit, see this page and find your model:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X