Blue Screen after powerup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen after powerup

I wonder if anyone could help with troubleshooting my TIVO (HDVR2).

Some background - about a year or two ago the unit started malfunctioning and would not get past one of the initial screens. After reading up on this site that the problem could be a bad hard drive I ordered a new hard drive from weaKnees and that fixed the issue although for some reason I could never record program. I don't watch much TV so I did not bother with trying to figure that out.

Lately I noticed intermittent operation with the satellite signal. This problem only showed up on some of the channels. When I did a signal strength check one of the satellites (or possibly transponders) out of the two available showed very poor signal. I assumed a problem with the antenna or the LNA and was going to look into it.

After a while all the channels stopped working and the signal strength check was bad for everything. I started investigating the plug connections and at some point I powered down the unit. Now the unit has completely failed - on power up I get the initial gray screen followed by the blue welcome screen. However, once it is done with the blue welcome screen I just get a blank blue screen on the TV (I assume the blue screen is generated by the TV when there is no signal coming in). I cannot get the main menu or even put the unit into standby using the standby button on the front panel - the green LED remains on all the time.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Well, the easy answer is our flat-fee repair program:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff

Beyond that, frankly, you could have a mix or problems including a bad hard drive, a bad power supply, and failing satellite tuners. The tuners can really only be fixed here; the other parts can be swapped out.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X