Series 3 rebooting after new HD and Power Supply replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 rebooting after new HD and Power Supply replaced

A couple months back, I encountered my series 3 rebooting at random times which was occuring more and more frequently. After searching this forum, I was able to to determine my HD and external SATA drive were both failing. I replaced them both with a 1TB drive upgrade from WeaKnees and all was good....for a few months. The unit then rebooted unexpectedly one day, which I didn't think anything of, until it did it again the next day at around the same time. I then noticed an excessive amount of pixilating and discovered the unit seemed to be intermittantly freezing as it would not respond to remote commands for up to a few minutes and then it started rebooting every 20 minutes or so. I searched the forum for this issue and since I already replaced the HD (#1 cause for this issue) I ordered a new power supply (the number 2 cause for these symptoms) and tried that out. That didn't work as both the original and replacement power supplies both yeilded the same results: Failure to boot and constant restarting just before the "Almost there, just a few minutes more" screen. I removed both cable cards and still had the same problem. Any suggestions?

You can also try removing any network connection you have, but it sounds like you might have a bad hard drive.

Based on the post, I'm guessing your hard drive is still under warranty from us, so email us with the info and your order number to [email protected] and we can go from there.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I put the old, failing drive back in and it booted properly, so it looks like you were right, it is a defective drive. I was mistaken when I said I purchased it from WeaKnees, I purchased the power supply from you guys. I purchased the 1 TB drive from another merchant on 5/12/12 and it came with a 3 yr warranty so I am making arrangments to return it and get a replacement drive. Thanks for your help!

Comment

OK - tell us if that drive replacement doesn't completely do the trick and we'll be happy to help.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X