Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost local ABC & NBC channels

Background:
    A few months ago, I lost my local channels for ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX only on my DirecTV Tivo box. Other receiver was fine. I didn't have a phone line connected to my Hughes SD DVR80 so I didn't get the software update. Couldn't connect with the phone line but was finally successful after using the "096" code. (See http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1831)
    Software update 6.4a installed, and access to CBS and FOX were restored.

Current problem:
    After numerous restarts and a full week, ABC and NBC local channels are still NOT restored.

What else could be the problem and what should I do now?

Thanks,
    Kim

You need software version 6.4a and it looks like the only way to get it is a new a hard drive or to have the software loaded onto your current drive. We can help with either.

Comment

Locals Lost

I too have lost my locals. I have a drive I purchased from Weaknees, and I do not want to lose everything on the drive to upgrade it. Do you have any procedure or software that I can purchase to help me upgrade myself to 6.4a? going without my drive would be a sad week, or two...

Comment

You can either order a new drive and lose the shows, or, for $125, you can send us the unit and we can upgrade the software and keep your shows and settings.

Please tell us what you'd like to do by emailing us at [email protected].
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

As noted in the background portion of my post, I was able to successfully install software version 6.4a. That's how I restored CBS and FOX.

Help!

Comment

You'll want to contact DIRECTV if you have the latest s/w but are still missing channels.

Comment

Are there any do it yourself tools for making the upgrade manually?

Comment

Working...
              X